Rapid Mix Sweet Dough
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F)
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt; stir well. Cut in margarine with a fork until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Add warm water to flour mixture. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs and 1 more cup of flour; beat until thick. Stir in the remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time until the dough comes together. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Cover dough with a damp towel and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Punch down dough and form into desired shape. Cover and refrigerate dough for up to 48 hours. Let dough come to room temperature before baking in a 375 degree oven.