These are the breakfast type scones, not the frybread type scones. And they're delicious.
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1.5 cups dried fruit/chocolate chips/cinnamon chips/nuts/whatever combination you want (don't use fresh fruit (especially if it's really juicy))
2 cups cold whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Grease baking sheets.
2. Combine dry ingredients, then mix in fillings.
3. Whip the cream, so it's good and frothy.
4. Fold the cream into the dry mix, and form the dough into two balls. Pat down to a thickness of about one inch and cut into 8 wedges (this can be done in different combinations, based on the size you want. One ball, or three balls, or 6 wedges. But remember, they grow). You may need a flour-dusted surface to do this, but be careful not to add too much flour.
4. Bake until just a bit golden on top, 18-20 minutes.