Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Carnitas

This was sooo tasty. So maybe I'm pregnant. So maybe I really miss mexican food. I am going to believe that I still would have loved it without those factors.



First marinade some meat, I used pork:
crushed garlic
jalapeno pepper (supposed to be through a food processor, I crushed it through the garlic press)
cumin
cilantro
salt/pepper
lime juice
vinegar
sugar
olive oil

If you need exact measurements on all these, I'm sorry I can't help you. Try to rely on your knowledge of college football.

After marinading for as long as you can, line a cookie sheet with foil, and turn your oven on to broil. Stick the meat in there about 6-8in from the heat until its getting a little black and crispy (5-8mins) then flip it to the other side for another 5-8mins. It tastes like it has been on the bbq. mmm mmm.
Serve in tortillas with onion and cilantro on top.

2 comments:

Usandthings said...

They have jalapeƱos in the great white north?

Vivian said...

Oh yes, they are labeled "bulk green chili".