Sunday, May 2, 2010

Cake Truffles



1 baked cake - I started with my favorite cake
1 container cream cheese frosting (although any frosting will do)
1 package chocolate chips

Put the cooled cake into a mixing bowl and blend it together with the container of frosting. I did this in the kitchen aid.

Roll into 1 inch balls and put on cookie tray.
Freeze for 3-4 hours.

Melt chocolate over a double boiler. Let it cool a bit before dipping. Dip frozen truffles into chocolate with a fork, push off fork using a toothpick. Return to fridge or freezer. Decorate tops with melted white chocolate.

Don't let Claire anywhere near the operation.


3 comments:

Claire said...

I think you got these directions out of order. "Don't let Claire anywhere near the operation" probably should have started this post...

beth said...

those were some dang good truffles.
dang good.

Carrie G said...

where was I for this? oh yeah, I remember. dang.