Sunday, May 2, 2010

Monkey bread for 1


Ok, well more than one, but its a smaller (1/3) version of this recipe
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/05/monkey-bread/

I love this recipe because: it contains cinnamon, it takes 20 minutes, and costs about $2 to make.

1 biscuit roll (the non flaky kind)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup whitey sugar

Cut up your biscuits into 4 pieces and roll them around in the sugar/cinnamon mix. (Like snickerdoodles.) Put them in the bread pan.

Mix together:
1/4 cup brown sugar
2/3 stick of butter (melted)

Pour over the top.

Cook at 350 for 20mins or until the biscuits look nice and crispy on top.
Beth mentioned that people have done this on camping trips in a dutch oven. mmmm.

5 comments:

Jerry said...

"I'm making a monkey bread... (for one)...

I'm not crying, it's just been raining on my face."

Claire said...

mmmm. whitey sugar.

beth said...

i added vanilla to my melted butter. wowee. were we the only ones in the world to NOT know this recipe?

beth said...

i also added crushed walnuts to mine.

Carrie G said...

i love me that whitey sugar. i'm not crying, I'm just really wishing they sold biscuits in the store here.